Member since February, 2016
I build and maintain websites and web applications. Although my work usually focuses solely on the underlying software and databases (known as the 'back end'), and on the interface and visual design (the 'front end'), so I am a 'full-stack developer'.
As a web developer my job is to create products that meet clients' business needs. The work can be particularly varied from clients to client. In all cases, my primary responsibilities is to create reliable and high performing applications and services, which can be accessed over the internet.
My roles and Responsibilities generally include:
• Planning and prototyping new applications;
• Designing the architecture of the components of an application;
• Deciding on the best technologies and languages for the project;
• Testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments;
• Problem solving;
• Fixing bugs in existing projects;
• Testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases;
• Running performance bench-marking tests;
• Reviewing colleagues' code;
• Building and testing Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data;
• Researching, incorporating and contributing to Open Source projects;
• Meeting designers, developers and project staff for progress updates;
• Gathering requirements from clients and users;
• Learning and testing new technologies, frameworks and languages;
• Staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development;
• Building and maintaining databases;
• Refactoring and optimizing existing code;
• Documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it;
• Attending and speaking at web development conferences and workshops;
• Designing information architecture within an application or website.
Senior Web Developer | Spectrum Web Development
April 2010 - May 2012
Led a team of 5 engineers on various client projects, including development of several large scale PHP framework based sites from the ground up.
Responsible for site architecture, test plans, and software development of various components. Was also responsible for interviewing and hiring.
Successfully built the team from scratch with 100% retention.
Software Engineer | Kiev Collective
March 2009 - June 2010
Full stack engineer for technical consulting company which did work with large local brands.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Computer science | National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute"
Minored in Psychology
Captain of the college debate team
Attended courses on Object-oriented Programming, Web Design, Databases, etc.
All work is treated as a optimized, bespoke service, tailored specifically to you and supported both during and after the handover. I am proud of my clients, and enjoy watching them flourish after the project's end.
I am happy to discuss anything beyond what is offered on this profile. The point of a diverse skill set is to branch out and try new things.